Thursday, March 10, 2005

Writing Be Damned

I know this is a Warner Forever site and I'm probably supposed to be talking about writing or my latest romantic suspense, BLIND CURVE, a picture of which is to the right somewhere, but really, does anyone care what my opinion is on dialog or setting? And what can I say about my book except that it's great and you should read it (You should. Really. It's not just me saying that...).

Besides, this is a blog, and a blog is for ranting. So that's what I'm gonna do.

But not about my day job. About...my secret identity (well, not so secret now) as a keen observer of the daytime drama. The dramatic serial. Okay, the soaps.

General Hospital in particular.

Because today the show really blew my socks off, especially Tamara Braun (Carly), when she found out her son was dead. The soaps are fun, relaxing, a hoot but they rarely move me. Today was an exception. I've been kind of bored with the way they've dragged this kidnapping story out, and it was great to finally have some kind of closure. Even a sad one.

(me to the world: does anyone out there even know what I'm talking about?)

So here I am, sucked in, grieving with the parents, and yet in the way back of my mind I'm wondering--maybe this is all a giant plot set in motion by AJ. Maybe Michael isn't really dead but just hidden away somewhere by his real father. Revenge against the people who stole the boy away (not gypsies, mobsters...). I haven't read that the cute kid who plays Michael has been axed... Hmm.

Man, I should be writing those things.

There you go, can't get away from the "w" word.

Sheesh.

No comments: