Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Q&A with CANDY HALLIDAY


Can you tell us about your new book?

MR. DESTINY (Warner Forever, November 2005) is a romantic comedy about a woman determined to marry the wrong man - until destiny steps in and points her in the "Mr. Right" direction. When Officer Tony Petrocelli literally drops down off his horse at Kate Anderson's feet in Central Park to announce he's her destiny, already engaged Kate figures it's just another typical day in New York City. But engaged or not, Kate can't ignore the immediate attraction she has for Tony. Now Kate is faced with a huge dilemma. Should she stick to her plan and marry her safe and secure corporate attorney? Or should she listen to her heart and accept the fact that destiny has a mind of its own?

What was your favorite part about writing this book?

I'm always a sucker for anything with a "destiny" theme. Giving fate the freedom to bring Kate and Tony together was a ton of fun for me.

If this book was made into a movie, who would you pick to star in it?

If destiny pointed this book in the movie direction - I'd be thrilled to bow out and let fate choose the actors for me. :)

What are you working on right now?

My next project for Warner Forever will be a two-book linked series. The "Housewives' Fantasy Club" series will take a look at sex and love in the burbs vs. sex and love in the city.

Where do you get your ideas?

I wish I had a perfect answer for this question, but I don't. I'm always reading, looking, and listening for anything that tickles my muse.

What is the best advice you could give an aspiring writer?

Never give up. If writing is truly what you want to do, never lose sight of that dream.

What is your favorite movie of all time?

The Good-bye Girl.

Favorite book?

Way too many favorites to choose only one, or to name only a few.

Favorite television show?

I adore Will & Grace.

Favorite author?

Jenny Cruise is my all-time hero!

If you were stranded on a deserted island with one person, living or dead -- who is NOT your husband -- who would you like it to be?

Someone who knew how to build a boat, maybe? Or Matthew McConaughey - who definitely floats my boat. :)

If on that island you could only listen to 2 CDs, what would they be?

Motown by Michael McDonald. And anything by Wynonna.

If you weren't a writer, what would you like to do for a living?

I'd love to be Oprah's co-host. :)

What are a few of your favorite websites?

Romance and Friends, Romance Reader at Heart, and Romantic Times always have my vote.




Visit Candy's website | Reach Candy by email | Purchase Mr. Destiny

No comments: