Monday, January 23, 2006

The Household Muse by Megan Crane

One of my brand new kittens decided shortly after his arrival that he wasn't content merely to be part of the new kitten circus in our house.

And believe me, Puck is the headlining clown of said circus.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Although to be fair, he has help, in the form of his occasionally more dignified and self-possessed sister, Ariel.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Puck, however, felt that he should multi-task, and has taken on the mantle of the Household Muse in addition to his regular duties (i.e., getting into trouble and sleeping).

Complete with requisite position at my shoulders, sharing his brilliant ideas:



(Given the delightful expression on my face, I think it's safe to assume that I am contemplating how it is that a four and a half month kitten has come up with better ideas than me. Something I would prefer not to dwell on any further, actually, since he does not have a book due on February 6.)

(And yes, I have just written an entire post about my cat. I have become what I feared.)

What about you? Who's your Household Muse?

3 comments:

Michelle Rowen said...

Eeeek. You do not look happy in that picture.

My household muse is my Puppet Angel doll. And that's all I'm saying.

Alphabeter said...

I'm more curious as to how you got a completely clear bookcase!

Megan Crane said...

OH MY GOD you have THE PUPPET! I saw it at Comicon last year! I'M SO JEALOUS

And I have a clear bookcase in that picture only because I went through all my books-- they're on the floor in the last picture! And don't worry, the bookcases are now stuffed full again!