Monday, March 27, 2006

I have a new crush by Lori Wilde

I have a new crush, but I can’t post sexy pictures of his washboard abs because, um . . . ahem, he’s not the washboard belly type and to tell the truth, those guys scare me a little. He’s Scottish, but he’ll never give Gerard Butler a run for his money. He’s a wee bit daffy and a recovering alcoholic. I can hear you saying eww, so what’s the attraction?

Maybe it’s the Scottish heritage thing I’ve got going on in my own family tree. Maybe it’s my own brush with alcoholics that’s left me admiring how he was able to overcome his demons and stay sober in Hollywood. Maybe it’s the endearing way he admits his own faults. But more than likely what I find so compelling about him is his honesty, his creativity and his sense of humor.

I’m talking about Craig Ferguson, host of CBS’s Late, Late Show. The guy who played Mr. Wick on the Drew Carey Show. The guy who wrote and directed I’ll be There and Saving Grace. And the guy who has just written the funniest, most fabulous book I’ve read in a long time called Between the Bridge and the River.

Do you have a crush on someone who is less than movie star perfect? Come on, admit it. Who, for reasons that escapes others, captures your affection and why?

10 comments:

Michelle said...

I'm rather deeply in love with Adrian Brody. He's a movie star, but not Brad Pitt handsome. Does that count?

And I love Craig Ferguson. Wouldn't kick him out of bed for eating hagis.

Paula Quinn said...

Lori, I think Craig Ferguson is the best late night host on TV. I think he's hilarious, and that's attractive in a man. While no one comes close to Gerry for me, I also like Mike Rowe. He's the guy from Dirtiest Jobs. I tell you, there's nothing better than a man with a great sense of humor.

Michelle, I never noticed Adrian Brody until I saw him in The Jacket. There was something incredibly sexy about him in that movie.

Michelle said...

My heart went shwing for Adrian in King Kong.

Lori Wilde said...

Oh, I like Mike Rowe too, although he sort of reminds me of Tim Allen in as Tim the Toolman.

Adrian Brody is definitely not move star perfect either. I have to confess I've never seen one of his movies. Must correct that.

Megan Crane said...

Something about the way he stuck his tongue down Halle Berry's throat (unsolicitedly!) at the Oscars while she was still married, and just presenting the award so maybe not prepared to be pawed at, creeped me out, so I can't get on board with the Adrian Brody thing.

(But I bet that shocks you, Michelle!)

Michelle said...

Megan... I'm getting the feeling we won't ever be competing for the same guys... so it's all good. ;-)

And married people kissing single people? That's hot. Didn't you read my book? LOL

Diane Perkins said...

I think you are all nuts!! :-)
And Paula, you are nearly unfaithful!!!
There is only one......Sigh!

Lori, you can watch Gerry and Craig together here:

http://www.mcheathers.com/Gerard_Late_3_23.htm

Cheers!
Diane

Candy Halliday said...

Okay Lori, since we're confessing here, has anyone seen the new sitcom Sons & Daughters?

I LOVE Fred Goss who plays the main character Cameron.

He's not what you would call your typical wowza leading man, either, but he is hilarious - and much of the dialogue in the show is improv - which really is amazing.

Candy

Michelle Rowen said...

Oh, I'm also very fond of Zack Braff from Scrubs. Him and Adrian. What do they say about guys with big noses again? LOL

Michelle Rowen said...

** big noses = large kleenex. Oh right.