Monday, March 13, 2006

Sarah McKerrigan

A pierced punker cradling a delicate baby girl in his arms...
 
A blonde bombshell studying for the Bar exam...
 
A Russian bear of a man who sells crystal...
 
A five-foot-two inch, Asian, female, powerhouse CEO...
 
A white-haired grandma straddling a Harley...
 
Images of contrast and surprise are always my favorite.  They're living proof that you can't judge a book by its cover.  In real life, there are no stereotypes.
 
Maybe it's living in L.A. that has made me understand this.  It's forced me to embrace the incredible array of human beings who refuse to be boxed and labeled.  I dwell among people with dreams beyond the limitations of their size and color and religion and position in society.  In L.A., you accept that you may be buying a hot dog from a Persian immigrant, or sitting beside a gangsta at the movies, or ordering at Starbucks from a pink-haired songwriter.  L.A. is like a melting pot where worlds collide.  And I love being part of that diplomacy that helps find common ground.
 
I'm looking forward to an interesting intersection this month, in fact, when my first medieval for Warner Books hits the shelves.  You see, I'm promoting LADY DANGER in two contrasting worlds to which I belong.  On the one hand, I have readers who love the "one-man-one-woman-happy ending" aspect of romance novels.  And on the other, I have fans of my voiceover work for video games, who like the fierce action of roleplaying.
 
I'm thinking this may be my chance to marry the two.  I can imagine nothing more fulfilling and entertaining than to sit at a table, signing books for a line of people that includes 75-year-old romance readers and teenage gamers!
 
Sarah McKerrigan...
Stories to keep you up all night.
LADY DANGER
Riding to the rescue April 2006

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I still think it's so cool you did voice work for The Maxx. You're a total celebrity! ;-)

Diane Perkins said...

It is good to have you here, Sarah!
Diane