Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Saucy Life Changes

I'm from Texas and we're serious about our spicy stuff. And I'm here to boldly proclaim: this green sauce will change your life. I am not kidding.

Dip chips in it, pour it over grilled chicken, slather it on enchiladas. For the healthy folks, it makes a nice dunker for carrots and celery. It's excellent on fish tacos as well.

I got the recipe from a lifelong friend (thank you, Kristie!), and since I don't cook I immediately handed it over to my husband, the chef. He whirred it up in no time and I've been in saucy heaven ever since.

Kristie's Kickin' Cilantro Cream Sauce

1 8 oz. cream cheese
1 T. sour cream
1 (7 oz.) can tomatillo salsa
1 t. pepper
1 t. celery salt
1/2 t. cumin
2 t. garlic powder
1 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
1 T. lime juice
Combine in a blender and serve. Refrigerate leftovers. (Leftovers? What leftovers?)

Have a favorite spicy food? Please share! (Besides, I need more stuff to pour this sauce on...)

4 comments:

Candy Halliday said...

Britta:

Thanks for the recipe!

My husband loves spicy, especially dips so I'm always looking for new ones.

Candy

Megan Crane said...

This looks delicious! I can't wait to try it out-- I'm a little obsessed with cilantro...

Britta Coleman said...

I'm obsessed with cilantro, too. To the point I think I'm going to grow it in my backyard.

Anyone know about herb gardening?

And Candy, I bet your hubby will love this!

Lori Wilde said...

Britta,

I made the cream sauce and it was really good. I had a alvocado lying around and tossed a few slices into the sauce and I liked it even better. In fact, I liked the sauce so much I decided to make an Italian version, subsitituing black olives and roasted red bell peppers for the salsa, and substiting Italian spices for the mexican spices and using olive oil instead of the lime juice. Holy moly, it's good too!