Saturday, June 24, 2006

So Many Books, So Little Time by Megan Crane

A friend gave me a book the other day.

"This looks great," I told him, "and I can't wait to read it, but I feel I should tell you that my To Be Read pile is out of control."

Then I thought about it.

"Really," I said, "it's more like a shelf than a pile."

But the truth is, I was downplaying the situation:



Happily, I believe there is no such thing as "too many books." Too few shelves, yes, but never too many books.

And I will get to them all in time.

10 comments:

Diane Perkins said...

But it is so neat!

MaryF said...

Oh, I don't feel so bad now!

Crystal said...

Mine is a shelf, some drawers under the bed and a few piles - your's looks great too me - I love looking at other people's bookshelves.

Anonymous said...

And I thought I was the only one...

Desperate Writer said...

Wow! I'm impressed! I need to corral mine into one place....

Elizabeth Hoyt said...

Ooo! Now I have shelf envy, Megan.

Shari Anton said...

We just put a new floor in my office, which meant I had to clear off my bookshelves to move them. I now have several paper bags full of them to put in some kind of order -- or not. My delimma is whether I can bear to part with any of them. The library would be a good home, right? Right?
Shari

Janie said...

Now that's a fantastic looking wall!

Lisa Pulliam said...

Wow. I'm both afraid and impressed by that. Does it grow at an exponential rate so that you'll soon have a TBR room? Or do you read near the same as you get new to read?

Desperate Writer said...

That's the shelf of my DREAMS! Right now, I have TBR piles all over my house.