Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Men in Trees, HA!

I've got to tell you Men in Trees is so similiar to my books from Harlequin called The Bachelors of Bear Creek, I have to wonder if someone in Hollywood wasn't doing a little filching.

In the first book, my heroine who's a journalist is on a laptop on a plane and discovers her fiance is cheating on her. She goes to Alaska to do a story on bachelors desperate for women. There's a quaint little inn and a radio station and tons of hunky men.

The heroine of the third book thinks she's a hooker (it's a long story.) Plus the heroine of the second book is a lot like Marin's fan who just showed up in Elmo.

The similarities are staggering. Even the raccoon--okay in my book it was a Huskie, but he served the same purpose the raccoon serves in the TV show.

And this week they're having a bachelor auction. Guess what's in my book four. Yep, bachelor auction.

I was robbed! So I'm getting a campaign going. To capitalize on the popularity of the show and the similarity to The Bachelors of Bear Creek--I'm asking readers who would like to read about Alaskan bachelors to write Harlequin at customer_ecare@harlequin.ca and tell them you'd like to see The Bachelors of Bear Creek reprinted. Do this, e-mail me that you e-mailed Harlequin (loriwilde@aol.com) and I'll send you a free book from my backlist. I'd send the Bachelors books but I don't have many left and they're out of print.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Lori! Just surfing around tonight and came here! I got this same message in your newsletter the other night. I immediately emailed harlequin, and told them how much I enjoyed the books and would like to see more. They told me they had no plans to re-issue. I sure hope enough people respond so they will! This was a great series of books! (As are all of yours!)

Martha Lawson
mlawson17@hotmail.com

Diane Perkins said...

Lori, I agree, the coincidences are staggering! I'll bet there is a screenwriter who like Blazes.

(Hi, Martha! - Diane waving....)

ChristyJan said...

Lori I've e-mailed Harlequin asking them to reprint this series ~ no response yet.

Edogo said...

I love Men in Trees. It is funny, dramatic, thought provoking, touching, and a little different. Men in Trees helps fill the gap left by Sex in the City but Men in Trees is even more realistic to everyday people. You can also get this show from here so go through the link and Download Men in Trees Episodes for free!!!!

rookie said...

I love to Watch Men in Trees TV Show. The storyline of this show is great and very interesting. I have seen every episode of this sow and this is the best show.

Jessica Hart said...

All episodes of this show are superb. Basically its good show and characters of this show are really well talented and I like the acting very much. You can also Watch TV Shows Online just like me.