Monday, November 20, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving

In keeping with the spirit of Diane's wonderful post, I'd also like to reflect a bit on the things I'm thankful for. A happy marriage to my very own knight in shining armor, my three healthy, beautiful children. (Who knew two teens and a pre-teen could be so much fun?) My mom and dad who live right across the street, and who are a constant blessing in my life. My two little dogs who remind me everyday to live for the moment and love unconditionally. The success of my books, so far, and the readers who have spent their hard earned money buying them.

It's more than I had ever hoped for.

When I first began this journey, I'd spend too many hours googling myself, hungry for reviews. But writing isn't about reviews. At least, it isn't for me. It's about sharing my stories with people who enjoy going there with me, who love my characters as much as I do. Sure, there are critics. We can't please everyone. But I've been fortunate enough to have some of the most wonderful readers any author could ask for. My success has become all the more satisfying because I can share it with them. So, I'd like to send a very special thank you to my favorite ladies, or as we affectionately call ourselves, The Trollops. From the very bottom of my heart, thank you for your unending support, for always making me laugh, and for going there with me. I count each of you, a blessing.

What are some things you're thankful for?

Have a safe and peaceful holiday,
Paula Quinn
Lord Of Seduction
Dec. 2006

3 comments:

Diane Perkins said...

any group named the Trollops must be good! o

Rika said...

Paula,

What a beautiful post! :0) And thank you for taking your readers with you. Thank you for sharing pictures of your hero's and letting us fight over them. I still own that Harem no matter what the rest if those trollops say. Hehe..

We love you!

Rika

P.S.. You do realise that I am coming after Callum. And I had dib's on Chris from the start. It doesn't matter that you found him. He has already committed himself to my Harem. LOL.. Wait till those Trollop's get wind of this! ;-) Hugs!

Paula Quinn said...

Diane, oh, they are the best! You should stop by my message board and say hello. I'm sure they would LOVE to meet you. There's plenty of Gerry oogling going on, as well as some Chris, some Rob Ashton, and lots of others. Oh, and we talk about books too. :)

Rika, there will be no going after Callum, thank you! What am I going to do with you (besides hug you?)
I love you all, too.