Sunday, December 17, 2006

CLICKING THROUGH THE HOLIDAYS

I've never been a big Adam Sandler fan, but if you haven't seen the movie "CLICK" I highly recommend that you watch it with your family over the holidays.

I'm not going to spoil the movie for anyone, but I will say that after watching CLICK this weekend I credit this movie for reminding me of something very important - life is what happens while you're making other plans.

In this fast-paced world we live in, I know I'm not the only one who feels as if their life is permanently stuck in fast forward. Life today runs on a much faster track for all of us. We all have careers, families, obligations that have to be met. If you're like me, most days zoom by in a complete blur.

Sad, isn't it? That life today seems to be moving way too fast?

Even worse, how do you put on the brakes?

I don't have an answer for that question. But thanks to CLICK I have made myself a holiday promise.

Instead of clicking through the holidays at my normal break-neck speed this year; instead of fretting over whether or not someone is going to like the present I got them (and I always do;) instead of agonizing because I didn't go on that diet and I know I look too fat in the outfit I'm wearing; instead of worrying that the ham is too dry, the green beans are too salty, and the pumpkin pie is too runny; instead of focusing on a million other trivial things that are SO not important in the overall scheme of things - what I am going to do is: play with my grandkids as long as they want to play without once feeling the need to jump up and clear the dishes; make it a point to tell my daughter and my son-in-law what incredible people I think they are and how proud I am that they are such wonderful parents; give my husband a big hug and a kiss every time I see him for putting up with my annoying (and too fat) butt all these years; but most of all I'm going to hit pause on my universal control long enough to close my eyes, clasp my hands, and say a sincere prayer of thanks for my wonderful family.

Happy Holidays to you and your wonderful family, everyone!

May your New Year be the best ever!

Candy Halliday

No comments: