Thursday, January 11, 2007

From Sarah McKerrigan...



Since I write "wife of a rock star" in my bio, I get asked constantly who my husband is. So I thought I'd solve the mystery here. I'm NOT the ladylove of Jon Bon Jovi, Sting's fling, or Bono's better half.

My husband, Richard Campbell, has played bass guitar and sung for a number of classic rock bands, most notably Natalie Cole, Dave Mason, Chuck Negron, and Three Dog Night. He's also done shows with Edgar Winter, Joe Cocker, Ringo Starr and the All-Starr Band, Stephen Bishop, Andrew Gold, Al Green, Badfinger, Gary Wright, and Tiny Tim.

Currently, he's touring with America...you know, "Horse With No Name," "Ventura Highway," "Sister Golden Hair"? Their new CD, "Here and Now," is hitting the stores this week, and the band appeared on "The Late Show with David Letterman" on Monday, January 15th, if you want to take a peek at my main squeeze!


But Richard isn't the only one in the family with a rock-and-roll history. In fact, we were in a Top 40 band together in college, and when he left to tour with Natalie Cole, I got signed to CBS Records with an all-girl rock band, The Pinups! (that's me sitting down in the photo...) I also played drums in the Tom Jones video, "It'll Be Me." Now, however, I'm happy to just sing in the shower.



While I'm talking about music and doing shameless plugs, I should tell you my intrepid editor at Warner, Melanie Murray, is an author in her own right! She just came out with her second book from Red Dress Ink, "Good Times, Bad Boys." It's a rock-and-roller coaster ride through the music industry, a delightful chick-lit romp that reads like a cross between "Seinfeld" and "Sex in the City." Check it out!

All right, back to the Middle Ages and working on my next novel, though when I think about it, my hero in this book, an executioner, is kind of like a rock star...cool, aloof, handsome, partial to black...


Sarah McKerrigan...
Stories to keep you up all night!
LADY DANGER - Riding to the rescue April 2006
CAPTIVE HEART - Coming for you October 2006
KNIGHT'S PRIZE - Stealing your heart April 2007

4 comments:

Diana Holquist said...

Sarah--

Not fair. You tell us your hubby is a rock star and then NO PICTURE???

I just spent a good half hour searching your web site (fun site, BTW) and couldn't find the man.

So....spill...we want photos!

--Diana : )

Theresa N. said...

I went looking for the picture, too. Ended up reading Sarah's bio, a truely talented lady.

Michelle said...

I googled him and found his webpage: http://www.accessbackstage.com/

You've had a very exciting life Sarah. I'm envious. :-)

Meljprincess said...

I was in a punk band in Orlando years ago. We opened for Social Distortion, Killing Joke, and Mojo Nixon and Skid Roper.
Great groups, Sarah! Your hubby's very lucky.
In my lifetime I've met lots of famous singers and actors. And I made out with Dave Navarro. Most of you probably know him from Rockstar Supernova but he played with Jane's Addiction. I'll bet you and your hubby know some of the same people as I do, Sarah.
The lead guitar player from our band is dead now and I have a very nice tribute page where you can see me with all the other band members. Wanna see?