Tuesday, January 23, 2007

On the Road Again, Plus Free Books!


I'm getting ready for another book tour. I did one two years ago and it was so successful that now gas prices are back down to a decent level hubby and I are taking off again in our 42' trailer for the start of my new series THE WEDDING VEIL WISHES.

Except this time we're doing something different. We're going to be doing booksignings at RV parks. Yep, instead of trying to lure readers into bookstores, we're going out to the readers. Sort of a Lori Wilde Bookmobile.

We're touring around my home state of Texas, but we're also going to be in Florida, Kansas, Missouri, Oklahoma, Louisiana, Mississippi, Georgia and Alabama from the end of Feb to the first of May. Our travel trailer will be festooned with vinyl signs of my book covers. I'll have books to sell, but I'll also be holding parties with free refreshments, prizes, book club discussions and talks on how to get published. The hightlight of the tour is the Romantic Times convention in Houston, April 25-29th.

I'll also be giving away six handmade wedding veils. My Mom's a great semstress and she's making the veils to look like the magic wishfulfilling wedding veil from THERE GOES THE BRIDE that gets passed around between four friends.

So how can you get a wedding veil? If you're one of the first six people who see me on the road and tell me you read about the wedding veil on this blog, you win! I'll be blogging daily while on the tour at myspace blog, so you'll know when I'll be in your area. Bookmark this address. http://myspace.com/loriwilde

You can also win one if your attending the RT convention and sign up for my raffle drawing. I have a whole basket of wedding goodies for that giveaway, including a $50 spa gift certificate, wedding photo album, cake topper and much more.

My mom's in the process of sewing the veils. We'll have a picture up soon on my website at www.loriwild.com. If you know anyone who's getting married soon, past this on.

Also, I'm giving away a copy of my novella in the anthology, REAL MEN DO IT BETTER from St. Martin's Press. These stories are extremely steamy so if you don't like your stories hot, don't sign up for this one. If you don't like steamy books, don't feel left out. I'm also giving away a copy of my Harlequin special release SOME LIKE IT HOT. Yes, the book sounds steamy, but it's not. All you have to do is post in the comments section that you'd liked to be entered in the drawing for the books. I'll draw names on Saturday and post the winner in the comments section of this post.

30 comments:

Theresa N. said...

Your trip sounds great. Wish I lived in one those states. Please enter me in the contest.

CrystalG said...

I hope you have a wonderful trip. I would love to win the books. :)

Meljprincess said...

Hi Lori!
Oh, I'd love to see you on your booksigning tour and get one of those great hugs you give but I don't think you'll be in RI. :-(
I'd love to win REAL MEN DO IT BETTER. I have the book SOME LIKE IT HOT. :-)
Have a wonderful time and maybe I'll catch you on your next trip to FL. I'll be moving there this year.
xxxx Mel

Dannyfiredragon said...

Hi Lori,

have a lot of fun at the trip. It sounds like fun.

I am looking forward to meet you in Houston

Jennifer Y. said...

I would love to enter the drawing!

Do you know when and where you will be in Georgia? I would love to be able to meet you.

Maureen said...

Well, I don't live near your trip route but please enter me in your contest.

Teresa said...

I don't live in any of the states that you are visiting but would love to win one of the books! Have a great time.

alissa said...

Have a wonderful trip. Please enter me for the book.

ellie said...

too bad you won't be visiting NM. But I would love the book.

pearl said...

Enjoy this fun trip. I would love the books. Sounds great!

joelle said...

Your trip sounds awesome. Love to win the books.

joelle said...

Please enter me since our state is not involved. Love your books.

sharon said...

Love to win the books. Enjoy this special trip.

Aisling said...

Ooohhh, sign me up for some steam, though I'll still read some clean. lol, that was bad

Maria said...

Enjoy your trip, I wish I was in your shoes right now! Would love to win

Anonymous said...

That sounds so cool with the veils! Please enter me here too! :)

Lois

Anonymous said...

Wow! ENjoy this fun trip and please enter me for your fab books.

Mary J said...

Please enter me!

MD said...

Have a great time on your book tour! Please enter me in the draw!

Kathleen said...

What a fun trip you are going to have!!!
Please enter me in your contest!!

Lori Wilde said...

Danny,

You must look me up at RT!!! I'd love to have a cup of coffee, or something a little stronger with you, if you'd like.

Eveyone, I've got your names down!

KimW said...

Your book tour sounds like so much fun! I think you should make a detour over to Chicago. :) Please enter me in the drawing.

Shari Anton said...

Hmmm. Like Kimw, I noticed you weren't coming very far north. LOL! Have a great trip, Lori! I can't go to RT this year (see me pout), so I'll just wish all of you fortunate attendees a Really Great Time!
Shari

Laurie said...

What a neat idea! I'm going to head on over and see when and where you'll be here in Florida. My daughter is getting married June 30th in Wisconsin and with me living in Florida I've been on the phone so much!! Plus I could use those track shoes(the bride's wearing) for all the miles I've put in looking and buying wedding goodies!! I would love a book of yours as a wonderful escape!!

Dannyfiredragon said...

Lori, sure we will have to meet. That will be so much fun!

kim said...

sounds good. have a nice trip and weekend

Lori Wilde said...

Winners of the drawing are: Drumroll....

REAL MEN DO IT BETTER--Meljprincess
SOME LIKE IT HOT--Teresa

Send your snail mail addys to loriwilde@aol.com and I'll get the books into the mail on Monday.

Thanks for playing!

Dannyfiredragon said...

Big congrats Mel & Teresa!

Meljprincess said...

Thank you, Lori! Thanks, Danny!

Congrats, Teresa!

Teresa said...

Thanks Lori and Danny! And congrats to Mel too!