Friday, February 09, 2007

Thanks so much for your support!/And a free book offer


Hey gang!


It's official, I'm a writing teacher!


Many of you helped me with this writing course and I want to say thank you so much! You helped make this course a big success. The first class debuts on Feb. 21th. It's a six week course offered monthly and the fee is very affordable. The course is for beginning authors so if you've always wanted to write, but were afraid to take that first step, there's no time like the present.


In the class, we explore what makes a romance different from other genres. We look at what makes a great hero, a strong heroine and a lovestory that resonates with readers. We discuss the works of bestselling authors and how they weave their magic. Then we look at the publishing industry and learn the secrets of what it takes to break in. I'd love to see you there!


You can take Romance Writing Secrets vis the Internet through colleges and universities worldwide. To find a college or university near you, go to Education To Go's website at http://www.ed2go.com/.


Even if you're not interesting in writing, could you pass the word along to friends and family or anyone you know who might want to write? You can even tell them you contributed to the course.


Also, I have a copy of THERE GOES THE BRIDE to give away. Post here if you'd like to be in the drawing. I'll pick names on Sunday and post here.


Please indulge me a little brag moment. Here's what Romantic Times had to say about THERE GOES THE BRIDE.


4 1/2 Stars--This is a dynamite novel that readers will treasure for years to come. Wilde blends paranormal and mild chick lit elements, great humor and some suspense with wonderfully developed characters. Readers can really relate to them and will find themselves easily swept into this combination of Runaway Bride, Sex and the City and magic.


You can read an excerpt at www.loriwilde.com.


Thanks again, guys. You're the best.

25 comments:

Teresa said...

As a subscriber of Romantic Times was happy to see that you received 4 and a half stars for There Goes The Bride. Good luck on the release and have a successful 2007!

Kathleen said...

I am so thrilled that your book was properly recognized!!! Congratulations!! Thanks for another wonderful book!

KimW said...

Wishing you lots of success in your teaching and ongratulations on the great review!

Sue A. said...

A BIG CONGRATULATIONS on the great review!

And I wish you much success in your teaching endeavors. A great start to a great 2007!

Meljprincess said...

Congratulations, Lori!
I wish I could take the class..*sigh*...but I can't. However, I will tell others about it.
I'd love to win a copy of THERE GOES THE BRIDE! EXCELLENT review from RT. I can't wait to read it!

Hugs, Mel

Lori said...

Thanks Teresa!

Kathleen, aren't you sweet.

Kim W, thank you.

Sue--Thanks for the encouragement.

Mel--if money is the issue, make sure you type in your zip code, the fee is MUCH cheaper if you take it through your college than through Ed2go. If the issue is that Ed2go says there's not a college near you, just type in the zip codes of nearby colleges. Remember, the course will be offered monthly for the next three years. So if you can't take it now, there's plenty of time later. I'd love to have you in the class! I'd be fun. Thanks so much for reading.

I'll draw the book winner tomorrow. You ladies are the bomb!

traveler said...

That is great news! Congrats and you are the best! Good luck and best wishes.

ellie said...

Congratulations on the wonderful review! Your achievement deserves this recognition.

alissa said...

Wonderful! Such talent deserves its rewards. Best of luck on the teaching.

pearl said...

That is fabulous news! Congrats on this accomplishment and many more in the future.

sharon said...

Best of luck in all your future endeavors. Congrats on this fabulous review!

joelle said...

Congrats on this review! Wishing you all the success for your teaching and future.

Lois said...

Very cool on the book!! As for your teaching, I'm sure I'd flunk out. LOL :)

Lois

Maureen said...

Congratulations on all your successes.

Theresa N. said...

Congratulations on the review! Your books are always a treat to read.

Karen W. said...

Congrats on the great review, and good luck with your teaching!

kim said...

that is great lori, please put me in!

Dannyfiredragon said...

Lori,

big congrats to the review and I wish you all the best for the courses. They sound good!

Laurie said...

Congrats on your writing class!! My daughter is a HS English teacher so I will pass the info on to her and she can spread the word. How exciting for you!! Have you taught other classes? "There Goes the Bride" sounds interesting...would love to read it.

Kelley St. John said...

Congrats on all the fabulous news, Lori!!!

I'm so excited for you :)

Kelley

Meljprincess said...

I appreciate the info, Lori.
Yea, money is an issue and I have to move soon. Perhaps I can take it later. It would be fun and I'd love to be in the class! :-)

Lori Wilde said...

Traveler--You won the drawing! Send me your address to loriwilde@aol.com and I'll get the book out to you.

Meljprincess said...

Congrats, Traveler!

Rika said...

OMG, Lori... that excerpt rocks! LOL... I've been waiting for the release of this book. I am so excited that its almost here.

And congrats to Traveler for winning the ARC.

Also, so glad to hear that your writing course is a success. Congrat's on being a Writing Teacher. I know many ladies who are trying to write. I'll have to point them to this site.

Best wishes to you,
Rika
:0)

Joan said...

Congrats on all your books and teaching.