Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Reaping the Rewards

For those of you who haven't had the pleasure of sitting alone day after day with only your computer and your imaginary friends for company, you don't have any idea how much the little things count. I mean, I've been slogging through my current work in progress for months. I'm so far from finishing that I could sit in a corner and cry.

But then I received the artwork for the cover for the book I just finished and, ta-da! I'm energized. I'm invigorated. I actually think there's a remote possibility that I'll get my current book done by its deadline.

Amazing what one little jpeg file can do.

I'm totally thrilled with this cover. This is my first romantic suspense (all of my previous books have been considered women's fiction with a dash of mystery or suspense) and this cover captures the book perfectly. PITCH BLACK won't be released until June, but I'm so excited it feels like I'm waiting for Christmas.

Now, while I'm still on my new-cover high, I'd better get back to work!
Susan
www.susancrandall.net

18 comments:

Shari Anton said...

Merry Christmas, Susan!! LOL!! Very provocative cover. Romantic and suspenseful all in one nice package.

mec said...

Love the cover - can't wait to read it!

Desperate Writer said...

Susan-- that cover looks great! Congratulations!

catslady said...

I really like it!!!

Lori Wilde said...

Very atmosphermic cover, Susan. I didn't know you'd swtiched to romantic suspense.

Lori

Michelle Rowen said...

Susan! What a fantastic cover! Congrats. :-)

Annie said...

OMG, Susan! That is an amazing cover! I am soooo jealous. Much, much good luck with it. And btw, I know exactly how you feel about slogging along with your current wip. Been there, done that. Or rather, am there, doing that! We should get together and have a kvetch group. Of course, now that you have that fabulous cover, you'd be kicked out....

But anyway, looking good, girl.

Susan Crandall said...

Hey Annie, no fair kicking me out. I need a good kvetching! As they say kvetching loves company ... or is that misery? Either way it works!

Annie said...

Kvetching...misery. You can't have one without the other. You know, kind of like love and marriage...

Annie

Paula Quinn said...

Susan, what a fantiastic cover! Very eye-catching. I wish you the best. I know I can't wait to read it.
Paula

flip said...

It is a great cover. Call me crazy but a bad cover could kill a book. Unfortunately, I really hate the new covers to the Valentine series. But I love the series. Just read Fangs, But No Fangs by Kathy Love. It has a new cover. I saw the original cover at her site. I would have never bought the book with the original cartoon cover.

Pam said...

Great cover, caught my attention right off.

RachaelfromNJ said...

Congrats on writing your first romantic suspense! It's my favorite genre and I would love to read this book.

Stacy S said...

Great cover!! I love read romantic suspense. I'd buy it just because of the cover.

readingissomuchfun said...

Very nice cover love it :) Congrad's on writing your first romantic suspense. Look forward to reading it :)

Hugssss
LindaH

RachaelfromNJ said...

Was a winner picked?

RachaelfromNJ said...

I'm sorry. I must have misread the thread. I thought this was a giveaway too like Lori's. OOPSY!

Susan Crandall said...

Well, rachelfromnj, be sure and check back. Once I get some advanced reading copies, I'll be back with a giveaway!