Monday, November 26, 2007

It's all about the food, baby.

Don't look now, but the holidays are upon us and so is the great food. Whoever put all these holidays one after the other owned a weight-loss clinic.

Anyway, I figured I'd share my favorite cookie recipe with you all. I'll see if I can get our other authors to share theirs too!


Chocolate Walnut Biscotti

1/2 cup (1 stick) margarine (not butter)
3/4 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 bag chocolate chunks
1 cup chopped walnuts

Heat oven to 325F.
Beat margarine and sugar until light and fluffy.
Beat in eggs and vanilla.
Mix in flour, baking powder and salt.
Stir in chocolate chunks and walnuts.
Shape dough into 2 (14x1 1/2 inch) slightly-flattened logs.
Place 2 inches apart on a greased and floured cookie sheet.
Bake 25 minutes or until lightly browned.
Place on a cutting board and cool 5 minutes.
Using serrated knife, cut each log into diagonal slices about 3/4 inch thick.
Place slices upright on a cookie sheet 1/2 inch apart.
Bake 10 minutes or until slightly dry.
Cool on Wire racks.


Happy holidays!
Samantha Graves

3 comments:

Pat L. said...

Looks yummy. My aunt makes delicious biscotti.

Kelley St. John said...

Okay, I'm SUPPOSED to be writing, but now I'm thinking about biscotti! Sounds terrific Samantha -- thanks for sharing :)

Kelley

Susan Crandall said...

Shame on you. I can barely breathe in my jeans now! There just something about a deadline and weight gain, they go hand in hand ... a HOLIDAY deadline, well, I probably won't be wearing these jeans much longer.