Thursday, December 27, 2007

The Aftermath

I was going to talk about something…and then I noticed the Gerald Butler pictures and completely forgot. Oh yeah, the aftermath.

For those of you who celebrate Christmas, especially those with children, you know of what I speak. The house is a disaster because we have all this new stuff that doesn't have a place yet. I keep hearing the thump-thump-thump of a new CD coming from somewhere upstairs. My refrigerator is near bursting with cookies and leftovers and junk food I never usually buy. The bills are piled, unopened in the corner because neither my husband or I have the courage to look at them yet. My teenagers have become vampires who sleep in until noon and play the new Wii until 3 AM. My cat is too exhausted to attack the tree anymore. I have no idea what day it is because I have this week off. I keep debating whether or not to keep the outside Christmas lights on anymore. Is there etiquette for that? And I'm going through serious UPS man withdrawal.

The aftermath. I feel like a deer in the head lights – "I know I should move off the road, but … I can't ... remember …. how …"

Anyway, I hope everyone is slowly but surely recovering from their Christmas hangover and getting geared up for New Year's. All the best to you and yours for 2008.

Samantha Graves

4 comments:

Megan Crane said...

We had a leftovers party today (the 26th). This sounds insane, but actually, it forced us to clean the entire house and put everything away-- I highly recommend it!

Kelley St. John said...

For some bizarre reason, I have two deadlines the first week of January, so Christmas has been something of a blur. I did the same thing last year and vowed never to do it again. So much for sticking to that resolution ;) Maybe I'll do better next year!

Kelley

Georgie Lee said...

We went to a restaurant for Christmas dinner this year so we aren't fighting left overs. However, we are forced to continue eating the many chocolates we accumulated on Christmas Day. Im off of work this week so I can't pawn off the calories, I mean chocolate on anyone else.

Diana Holquist said...

Ha! Samantha, I don't know what's funnier the tired cat (yep, got one of those) or the UPS man withdrawal.

Happy aftermath, everyone! Hey, someone's gotta finish all that leftover egg nog and rum.

-Diana