Monday, February 11, 2008

Poor, Poor Pitiful Me

All right, I admit it. I'm a horrible blogger. I never can think of anything intetesting or witty to say. I never come up with great photos. But today, I've been perfecting the art of procrastination. Face it, writing is one of the few jobs where you can sit at your desk for three hours doing your nails, checking email, counting the leaves on the tree outside your window, and no one is there to shame you. (This might be the most valuable reason to hire an assistant ... with an attitude and a big whip.)

So today, here are a few of my activities at my desk that do not count as working.

For a long while, I stared at my notes.













Then I looked at photos of my son's wedding. -- way back in June. It's not like I haven't seen them before!



















Then I picked at my cuticles, saw they needed a load of moisturizer. Smeared that on -- well, now my hands are too slippery and slimey to type ....












So I talked to my office buddy, Macie, for a while. She's a very good listener.














And of course, I blogged!
See, I even procrastinated by taking photos -- not very interesting photos, but it did chew up some time. Next time I'm going to spend my time taking pictures of good looking guys. Which means I'll actually have to procrastinate somewhere other than my desk!

3 comments:

Elizabeth Hoyt said...

Awww! Cute Macie! I need an office budy.

Susan Crandall said...

Yeah, Macie's really good at helping sort out plot problems. If only she'd clean her own cage. ;-)

Shari Anton said...

Great job with the pics, Susan! I haven't figured out how to do that ... yet :).