Sunday, February 03, 2008

Superbowl Sunday: And the Winner Is....A Naked Lizard (in my house, anyway)

Today in America it's Superbowl Sunday, the day when many very, very large men play a game that's incomprehensible to most of the world and boring as all get out to many (female) Americans. Including me.

But oh, how I used to live for this day. Because in another life (when I was young and single and living in New York City) I used to write ads for Pepsi. Our slogan then was: Be young. Have fun. Drink Pepsi. Now, my slogan might be something more like: Be Middle-Aged. Have kids. Drink coffee.

But it was fun back then, let me tell you. So now, when I watch the Superbowl, I mostly care about the ads.

Here's a question for all you alpha males out there: what's with all the pink water ads? Bud ads, sure. A Pepsi ad, of course. But the water, guys? Four or five ads for water that's, you know, pink.

Anyway, in my house, this was the favorite Superbowl ad. If you like it, go to their website and check out the teaser ads. Excellent.
Link


Which was your favorite ad? Did you watch the game?

4 comments:

Shari Anton said...

I didn't get to watch most of the game, so only saw a few ads. This one is really cute!

Georgie Lee said...

My favorite was the screaming animals and the follow-up commercial featuring Richard Simmons. Myspace has the adds for anyone who missed them.
www.myspace.com/superbowlads

Susan Crandall said...

I was partial to the talking baby ad (for some online stock trading dealie). I know it freaks some people out, but the two aired during the Super Bowl cracked me up.

Diana Holquist said...

Yeah, I liked all of those. Cute animals always get me.

I liked the baby one until he spit up--my kids loved that part, though! Something for everyone!

I would've liked the Richard Simmons one better if they'd have killed him. I wonder if there's a director's cut somewhere with that ending...

--Diana