Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Celebrating Love

Ahhhh, love. I just rewarded myself for turning in my revised manuscript with an afternoon of watching "Pride and Prejudice" -- the Kiera Knightly, Matthew Macfadyen version. I think I'll make it a sending-in-the-book tradition; my reward at the end of the endless hours working on what I'm always certain will truly be a never-ending novel.



I adore Pride and Prejudice. Naturally, Jane Austen was the master, but I believe this is my favorite.



Could there be a more perfect kiss than the one at the end of that movie? I'm all warm and gooey inside. Too bad the cupboard is bare (also a sending-in-the-book tradition) and I'll be heading out to the grocery store instead of indulging in something totally romantic....



I used to think that no one could beat Colin Firth as Mr. Darcy. Man was I wrong. Matthew Macfadyen was magnificent.



So, although I believe this is old territory for this blog, I still love the debate. And I'm in the mood for romance. Everyone log in:



Best movie kiss.

Best Mr. Darcy.

Best romance ever written.

Best romantic movie ever made.

4 comments:

Margay said...

Susan, I am right there with you. I absolutely ADORE the Keira Knightley version of Pride and Prejudice - the beauty of the landscape, the adaptation of the novel, and the ensemble cast just adds up to perfection in my book. And while we're giving kudos, how about Donald Sutherland as Mr. Bennett? I loved him in that role! So my picks are:

Best movie kiss: Keira and Matthew in Pride and Prejudice.
Best Mr. Darcy: Matthew Macfadyan
Best Romance: Pride and Prejudice
Best romantic movie: ditto

Shari Anton said...

Hmmm. I haven't seen the Kiera/Matthew version. Guess I need to do that!

Susan Crandall said...

Oh, yes, how could I have forgotten to mention Donald Sutherland as Mr. Bennett? I guess that entire cast was just perfect.

Susan Crandall said...

Shari! Shame on you! I can't believe you've missed this one. I expect you to get on it and report back asap!