Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Hooked on Books

I did some major reading over the past few months, and thought I'd see how my reading list stacks up to yours!

From the library: I caught up on Tess Gerritsen. Haven't yet caught up on Amanda Quick and Lee Child but am working on it. I also discovered Anne Perry.

I've become a fan of: Joanna Bourne, Karin Tabke, Deanna Raybourn, and Ariana Franklin.

I found I still love: Lori Handeland, Isabel Sharpe, Karen Rose, Elizabeth Holt and Susan Crandall.

Currently on the iPod: World Without End by Ken Follett, and all three books of Nora Roberts' In The Garden trilogy. Does anyone else have an iPod that doesn't have music on it? Honest, all that's on mine are audio books.

Bought last night: The Edge of Desire by Stephanie Laurens, and Seduction of a Proper Gentleman by Victoria Alexander.

My to-be-read pile isn't any smaller than it was at the beginning of summer. Read a few books, add a few more!

So where does my list (this is partial, btw) coincide with yours? Or what book or authors have you read lately that you'd like to recommend?

Shari Anton

MAGIC IN HIS KISS, Available Now

www.sharianton.com

9 comments:

Barbara said...

I recently read Charlaine Harris' Sookie Stackhouse series, great books. I've also been enjoying a couple of wonderful series by Eloisa James and Julia Quinn. Book I just finished, Patti O'Shea's Eternal Nights. My TBR pile never seems to get any smaller, no matter how much I read.

Carolyn said...

I've been on what seems like constant deadline, but I have managed to read Kenyon's Acheron which I loved. I also read O'Shea's Etnernal Nights -- a great story.

I love Joanna Bourne, she's such a wonderful writer.

Terrie said...

There is so many great books Shari.. I now currently reading " Encho burning" by Lee Child.. I already finish read " Pleasuring with Pirate by Emily Bryan. It is wonderful book it keep me stay up all night.

Barbara Vey said...

I'm reading Elizabeth Hoyt's arc To Seduce a Sinner. Love her stuff. My tbr piles cover my dining room floor. I'm reading as fast as I can and they're all so good.

Sarah McKerrigan said...

Okay, I'm just weird. I don't read a lot of romance when I'm actively writing, because I tend to start copying the writing style. I read other genres, mostly nonfiction. My recent reads include a historical, "The Birth of Venus," Daily Kos' "Taking on the System," "The Future of Spacetime" by Stephen Hawking, and "Mike's Voting Guide."

Annie Solomon said...

I don't read much at all!! Isn't that strange. I used to be a fanatic, you know--the kind who gets cranky without a book. But I can't concentrate anymore. Old age? This summer I did manage to read one of JR Ward's vampire books, which I enjoyed. I admire the incredible world she built. So cool.

Anne said...

No matter how fast I read and donate books, I bring home BAGS more! This summer I read all of the Ghostwalker series by Christine Feehan (LOVED them!) 4 of Lisa Gardner's Quincy/Rainie series, Emily Giffin's Love The One You're With (LOVE her books!) and lots of others. I have a very small bedroom in my house, where I keep my stacks, boxes and bookcase of TBR books....Doubt if I will ever use this room as a true bedroom lol!

Virginia said...

I love Elizabeth Holt, Samantha James, Susan Crandall, and of course we can't leave out Shari Anton. I loved your magic series by the why. They were a fantastic read.

Shelley Adina said...

I'm completely in awe of Deanne Raybourn's "Silent" series. Rich detail, touches of humor, terrific hero and heroine, and good mysteries. Yum.

And in the same vein (scrumptious historical mysteries) has anyone read Candice Proctor's (written as C.S. Harris) Sebastian St. Cyr series? Wow! Not to mention she has covers to die for. Gotta get 'em all!

Shelley
http://www.shelleyadina.com