Monday, October 13, 2008

Elizabeth's New Photos!

OMG! I had to wait an entire WEEK to see my new author photos! (I know: ten years ago that would've been fast...or am I dating myself here?) Anyway, here they are:





You're probably looking at them and wondering why I need two photos since there's only one of me. The short answer is that I had trouble making up my mind--and it wasn't like any of the people I asked for input helped. I'd narrowed down the hundred or so photos the photographer took to 24 and these are some of the comments I got from family and (supposed) friends:

You look tired

I hate the red outfit.

There's a flower growing out of your head.

I hate the blue outfit.

Wow! Your make-up looks great! (This was said in such tones of surprise that it immediately made me suspicious of what my make-up normally looks like.)

Wow! Your hair looks great! (Ditto. Have you any idea how time consuming straightening hair is? Huh? Do you? And it's not like I'm a teenager and care any more...)

That's the spaniel pose. (This from my agent about the last pose. In an act of defiant passive-aggressiveness I got the spaniel pose anyway.)

Phew! Thank goodness that's over for at least the next five years!

So, your thoughts? Hate the red outfit? Hate the blue outfit? And what about that spaniel pose?

Cheers!
Elizabeth Hoyt
www.elizabethhoyt.com
www.juliaharper.com

12 comments:

Diana Holquist said...

I thought maybe the first one was Elizabeth and the second was Julia....

I like the first, but LOVE the second in red. You look about twenty years old. Not that you're not twenty...twenty-one?

Isn't it nice to know you can get back into your sweat pants and "Be nice or I'll put you in my novel" sweatshirt now?

--Diana
http://dianaholquist.com

ArkieRN said...

I love the second picture. The color pops and I really like the pose. Plus, I like your expression in that pic better. You have a beautiful smile. I like that you show it.

Kelley St. John said...

I love them both, but the first one is my favorite :)

Nice pics, Elizabeth!!

Kelley

AndreaW said...

Great pictures, Elizabeth! The second one is my favorite. :)

~Andrea
RNTV

Kathleen said...

Hi Elizabeth!
I like the second picture the best! The red shirt is very flattering and I like the pose.

Carolyn said...

I love the one where you're wearing red. It's really lovely.

Elizabeth Hoyt said...

LOL! Yes, I am amazingly young looking here, aren't I, Diana? Perhaps because of the magic of airbrushing, which has mysteriously taken away all my eye wrinkles. ;-)

Thank you for the compliment about my smile, arkiern! ;-)

And thank you, everyone for the input on my photos. I'm thinking I'll be using the close-up mainly, and save the "blue" one for when I want to look like a "serious" author. LOL!

Mother Musings said...

I have to agree with most of the comments here. I like the one with you in red. I think it compliments your coloring better.
Very nice picture!
Ciao

May said...

I loved the red outfit. More than that I like your smile in that picture.

Shari Anton said...

In the second one shows off your lovely eyes and wonderful smile! What the devil is spaniel pose?

Annie Solomon said...

I think they're both great. If you put a gun to my head and force me to pick one, I'd have to go for the blue. Yeah, I know, I'm in the minority. Story of my life. I'm just a rebel at heart.

But truly, they're both lovely. And you should be commended for taking the plunge and having them done. Good job!

Carolyn said...

Just read something on cnn.com that said that men find women in red more sexy. Just saying...

Here's the link:

http://www.cnn.com/2008/HEALTH/10/28/red.sex.appeal/index.html

I'm not a man, but I like the red, too.