Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Raindrops on Roses

I just came from Anna Campbell's website, and she has a section on "favorite things." It inspired me to write about some of mine.



I realized a few weeks ago that when I go shopping and there's a row of, say, tank tops, in a thousand different colors, my hand always veers toward either the green or the pink ones. So...there they are, my favorite colors.





I'm in a restaurant looking over the menu. Lots of good crunchy salads and broiled chicken breasts. But my eyes keep straying to the mashed potatoes. The French fries. The homemade potatoe chips. What does that tell you?





I've got Pandora on. I can listen to any one of a hundred artists and/or music types. But I keep clicking on that Nightnoise station. And I'm not Irish. I swear....


So let's see. If all is right with the world, I should be eating a plate of crisp, salty fries, wearing a pink and green tank top, and listening to Nightnoise or some other celtic music.



Oh, and I should be doing all of this sitting on my beachfront veranda (which, of course, I don't own) watching the waves pound the shore.




Yeah, that's the ticket... My favorite things.

Now it's your turn. What are some of your faves?

2 comments:

Anna Campbell said...

Hiya Annie! You only turn up in the classiest places! Hey, isn't it fun to talk about the stuff we love. When you get everything together, can I come and visit? I must admit french fries are definitely among my favorite things, as is the beach house vibe. In fact, my only argument with you would that I'd be wearing a blue and black top!

Annie Solomon said...

Hey, Anna! Bet you never thought you'd be an inspiration...

And blue and black go with pink and green. Hell, black goes with everything, right? So when I get it together, you'll be more than welcome to join me...whatever you wear!