Monday, October 27, 2008

Win a copy of FOREVER MY LADY

The Grand Central Café welcomes author Jeff Rivera today for a short Q&A about his new romantic release FOREVER MY LADY.

For the chance to WIN A COPY of this book, please leave a comment below and a winner will be randomly chosen on Friday, October 31st.

Welcome Jeff!

For those who have not read Forever My Lady, what's it about?

It's my first novel, and it was originally self-published when I was lucky enough to get Grand Central to publish it. It tells the story of a kid who's only dream in life is live the rest of his life with his childhood sweetheart. She sticks with him even when lands himself in prison boot camp and promises to stay with him no matter what. The only thing that gets him through the experience is the hope that he'll change his life around marry her when he gets out. Only he discovers from a friend that she's planning on marrying someone else.

One of your characters is a drill instructor, yet you were able to make it a little different than what we typically read about. Why did you do this?

Yes, Senior Jackson. I wanted with all my characters to have some depth. I didn't want a drill instructor who was just yelling and screaming all the time. I wanted someone who had heart but guided the boot camp trainees with a metal glove at the same time. I would say, the drill instructor is based on my friend Doug who was a boot camp drill instructor and my own father.

One of your antagonists is actually a racist but you came up with a twist on him too. What made you come up with it?

Again, I didn't want just these stereotypical characters. So I thought to myself what is the last thing you'd expect from a racist? Then it came as an ah-ha moment. I think people are shocked when they find out about his secret past.

Where can we pick up Forever My Lady?

You can get a copy at Amazon.com, your local bookstore (don't forget to support the indies) and of course, my website: www.JeffRivera.com

10 comments:

macbeaner said...

The cover is beautiful! :)

Diana Holquist said...

This looks really interesting--and I agree with macbeaner--nice cover!

--Diana

tetewa said...

Congrats on the release, sounds good!

Laurie said...

Were you in the military too? The drill instructor was based on friend and your Dad. Was your Dad in the service? Or was he just strict? Do you think our country is getting more racist because of the influx of immigrants from Mexico, Cuba, Vietnam, Russia etc? Your book sounds interesting ...I'm hoping that the girlfriend ends up "standing by her man". It's way to easy to give up when things get tough.

CrystalGB said...

Sounds interesting. Love the cover.

Virginia said...

I love this cover. This book sounds like a very interesting read. I would love to read it and find out what happens.

acdaisy95 said...

Nice cover! And congrats on the new release!

kimmyl said...

Love the cover and the blurb. Sounds like a great book. Can't wait to read it.
Happy Halloween!!!!!

Annie Solomon said...

Congrats on seeing your first nobel published, Jeff! Sounds like a good story with intersting characters. Good luck with it!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your support, everyone! -- Jeff Rivera (Author of FOREVER MY LADY)