Friday, January 02, 2009

A New Year's resolution!


One of my New Year’s resolutions is to do more good deeds for those in need. With that in mind, I thought I’d get in the spirit of things by reaching out to our friend Diana, who could use a little guidance in . . . hot men. Now, a number of our fellow authors have already enlightened her on the subject of actors. But I thought she might appreciate seeing that athletes are definitely worth a look. Or two.

Without further ado, Diana (and everyone else) feast your eyes on a few of the studs who can be found on the playing fields and pools around the world. (Sort of makes you want to take gym class again!) Above is the glorious David Beckham, a soccer star from England. (Seeing as Diane didn't know Hugh Jackman, I decided I better clue her on on "Becks")


This hunk is Camilo Vilegas, a pro golfer from Columbia.


Adam Scott is also a golfer. he's from Australia.


Moving on to tennis, this is Juan Carlos Ferrara from Spain.


These next two water babies are Michael Phelps (heard of him, Diana?) And Ian Thorpe, the "Thorpedo" from Australia.


Oh, here we are back to tennis, with another sweet Spaniard, Rafael Nadal.
And last but not least, is Anton Apolo Ohno, ice skater and dancer

So, that's my good deed to start off the year. I am feeling very virtuous . . . well, maybe virtuous is not quite the right word, but you get the idea.

Enjoy!
Andrea

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Another gorgeous male swimmer is Ryan Lochte.

Carolyn said...

And what a good deed this is, Andrea!

@Anonymous, thank you for the link to Ryan Lochte. Yet another hottie.

Carolyn

andrea pickens said...

Yes, I did omit Ryan Lochte. Clearly I must go back and do more research on swimming. (LOL)

That said, I'm afraid that space constraints forced me to leave out a number of other ogle-worthy athletes. I shall do a little delving into the subject and post the results here at another time.

And everyone, please feel free to offer suggestions on what male athlete should be introduced to the literary crowd.

Diana Holquist said...

Hey! I know my sports! My glorious Eagles won last night over, you know, that other team. Er, the, er...wait, I've got to go wake up my nine-year-old...

Okay, so I don't know diddly about sports either.

Thank you for the primer. I do appreciate the Becks ever since I saw him on Ali G's couch:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P842Tmi6lrc

I think this just might be the funniest video of all time.

--Diana

andrea pickens said...

Ohmygosh, that truly is hysterical, Diana! I knew Ali G was funny, but that was too much! Thanks for the heads-up.

Kelly Moran said...

LOL, love this!!!
~K

Barbara said...

Even though I'm not into sports, I can sure appreciate the rippling muscles of an athlete. Thanks for the lovely pics.