Sunday, June 21, 2009

For your viewing pleasure...

I am in a place we writers fondly call "deadline hell" it's those last few days/hours before a book is due when we haven't washed our hair, done dishes or left the house and instead we sit at our desks working until our fingers (and perhaps eyeballs) begin to bleed. It's a scary place, though probably more for our families than ourselves. We're used to it, we've been here before, it's familiar (though the panic always feels new and different) and we're just working as fast as we can to get out. 

Normally I'm not an end of the wire kind of writer. I like to turn things in early, not weeks early necessarily, but at least a few days. It makes me happy to beat my deadline, as it were. But with this one, that's simply not possible. You see in the midst of writing this book we were packing our house and putting it on the market and then moving across the country. And did I mention that for the time being (while we're waiting for said house to sell) we're living with my parents? It's just temporary, but needless to say, things have been hectic and disorganized. So I'm running behind on my normal writing schedule. 

All this to say I'm cheating and not really blogging today and instead sharing with all of you my gorgeous book trailer. Seduce Me hits stores July 28th! 


1 comment:

Crystal said...

Wow! Looks great. I'll definitely check it out. :)